Jason



What I'm reading:

Redemption Accomplished and Applied
Redemption Accomplished and Applied
by John Murray



News:
Sunday, January 20, 2002
The Prince
The Prince
by Niccolo Machiavelli

I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would, probably because it was a lot easier to read than I expected. Machiavelli had a real talent for distilling wisdom from history and observation into clear, concise prose.

I think Machiavelli has gotten a bad rap as an advocate for immorality. He repeatedly writes that his advice is for relationships with men as they are, not men as they ought to be. Also, the primary goal of his advice is to gain and/or maintain power. Within the constraints of these two presuppositions, Machiavelli consistently advocates acting morally whenever possible.




Comments: Post a Comment


DAYPOP